We're here to help you gather as many financial resources as possible toward your investment in a TCU education. Not just as a new student, but for the duration of your time as a Horned Frog.
- Log on to my.tcu.edu to check requested information under the financial aid icon.
- Please complete all requested information for timely disbursements of financial aid.
- Don’t forget to update your privacy permissions each academic year.
- Review your list of Important Dates.
Every Year, Without Delay
Since college costs and household financial situations vary from year to year, the FAFSA must also be updated yearly. And because some financial aid is awarded on a first come, first served basis, you'll want to complete your FAFSA by the priority funding date, May 1. For this reason, it's important for you and/or your family to file income tax returns on a timely basis during your college years.
- If you have not already done so, create an FSA ID.
- Use the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to import your tax information to FAFSA. The DRT improves accuracy and reduces the likelihood of being selected for federal verification.
- TCU's school code for the FAFSA is 003636.
Check your email daily once you've applied for Federal Financial Aid to make sure everything is progressing. If your family income situation changes for any reason, please contact your financial aid advisor about how to modify your FAFSA and CSS Profiles.
Submit Verification & Supporting Documents
If there’s conflicting information between the FAFSA and the CSS Profile or if the U.S. Department of Education requires verification, you’ll need to submit the requested documents before your financial aid award can be finalized. You can view the status of your financial aid by logging on to my.tcu.edu. Check your email often to avoid delays should there be more documentation needed. All forms require an actual signature, electronic generated signatures are not accepted. Submitting your forms by upload through your TCU portal is preferred. Please only submit documents once.
View & Accept Your Financial Aid Award Notification
Financial aid awards are released via my.tcu.edu portal around June 1. You will receive an email once you have been awarded notifying you to log in to my.tcu.edu to view your Financial Aid Package.
Check For Scholarships
You might be surprised by the types of scholarships that exist. Scholarship listings evolve, so stay current in your search. You can review TCU scholarships, and use the resource page to investigate outside offerings.