Skip to main content

Scholarships & Financial Aid

Main Content


We Love Our Transfers

If you’re considering transferring to TCU, you’re in good company. At least 33% of college students changed schools at least once in the past decade. We welcomed 491 transfer students last year, and we offer a range of academic scholarships for transfer Horned Frogs.

Step 1: Submit Your FAFSA

Your FAFSA application is good for one year after submission, so if you’re transferring mid-year, you’ll need to update it by logging in and selecting “Make FAFSA Corrections.”

If you’re transferring at the end of an academic year, you can simply update your school information when you fill out your next FAFSA.

Because costs and availability of aid differ from school to school, and since aid disbursed to your previous school counts toward your annual loan limits, the amount of money you’re eligible to borrow might change when you submit an updated or new FAFSA.

TCU’s FAFSA code is 003636. 

If you are classified as a Texas Resident and cannot apply for federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you are encouraged to complete the TASFA.

 Complete the FAFSA     or    Complete the TASFA


Step 2: Complete the CSS Profile

Not every college uses the CSS, but TCU does. This information helps us better access our students’ financial needs.

TCU's CSS code is 6820.

Submit a CSS Profile


Transferring Financial Aid Requires Communicating

Federal and private funds don’t simply transfer when you do, so you’ll need to take a few actions.

Educational loan funds are generally disbursed just before the start of each semester, so if you transfer midyear you’ll need to contact your previous school’s financial aid office to cancel the remaining disbursements.

Make certain to withdraw before your previous school’s refund deadline to avoid owing money.

If you’re using private educational loans, make sure to contact your private lender so that funds won’t get disbursed to your previous school.