Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
The Graduate PLUS Loan is available for Graduate and Professional students only. FAFSA is required, the student must be enrolled in at least 3 hours, and students must borrow Federal Direct Student loan eligibility before Graduate PLUS loans can be certified.
- The maximum for the Graduate PLUS loan is TCU's cost of attendance minus other financial aid.
- The U.S. Department of Education will check your credit for eligibility.
- Interest accrues immediately, but payments are not required as long as the student is enrolled at least half-time.
|Fixed Interest Rate for Direct Grad Plus Loan|
|First disbursed on or after July 1, 2020, and before July 1, 2021 5.30%|
|First disbursed on or after July 1, 2021, and before July 1, 2022 6.28%|
|Loan Origination Fees for Direct Grad PLUS Loan|
|First disbursed on or after Oct. 1, 2020 4.228%|
How to Apply for the Graduate PLUS Loan
- From the Apply for Aid drop-down menu at the top of the page -
- Choose "Apply for a Graduate PLUS Loan"
2. Review the information and click "Log in To Start"
- To log in, use your FSA ID and password assigned when FAFSA was completed.
- If you do not have an FSA ID, choose "Create an Account" and follow the directions.
- Answer each section.
- Select Texas Christian University in the school section.
- Enter the student information and submit.
- Federal Graduate PLUS borrowers are required to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). If this is your first time to borrow a Graduate Plus loan or if you have a MPN that is over ten years old, you will need a new MPN. You will have an opportunity to complete the Direct PLUS Loan MPN after completion of your application.
Entrance Counseling for Graduate or Professional students is required if you have not previously received a Direct Unsubsidized Loan or a Direct Graduate PLUS Loan.
The Graduate PLUS Loan is a credit-based loan. Graduate students with an adverse credit history may appeal a credit denial or obtain an endorser. If you are approved on appeal or with an endorser, you will be required to complete PLUS Credit Counseling.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Additional Loan Eligibility amount indicates the maximum amount a student is able to apply for during that academic year, based on TCU’s cost of attendance and the other aid the student is receiving. Students do not have to borrow the maximum.
For more information about the Direct Loan Program, visit StudentAid.gov.