TCU considers it an honor to welcome as students those who have served in the armed forces and the dependents of those who serve. The university is committed to providing whatever support it can to assist veterans and their dependents in obtaining a college degree.
To assist in making a TCU education possible financially, the university has committed significant funding for those who qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) and the Yellow Ribbon program.
Undergraduate students who are eligible for 100% funding from Chapter 33 benefits will receive a base tuition allowance of $24,476.79 per year from the VA for the 2019-2020 academic year. With Yellow Ribbon funding, TCU will provide a grant for 50% of the remaining tuition and fee charges, and that amount will be matched by the VA. For the 2019-2020 academic year, this amount equals a full-tuition scholarship of at least $49,160.
Please note that:
- Only students who are eligible at the 100% rate for the Post 9/11 GI Bill are eligible to apply for the Yellow Ribbon program.
- TCU Yellow Ribbon Scholarships are offered in lieu of all other TCU funded aid, including previously offered academic scholarships. If veteran benefits expire prior to graduation, academic scholarships may be reinstated as long as academic renewal requirements have been met.
- Graduate students may also apply for Yellow Ribbon funding. Funding for graduate students is determined by academic department and may not be available in all degree programs.
- Renewal of TCU funded Yellow Ribbon contributions requires that you maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress towards you degree.
- Eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program is determined by the Veterans Affairs Administration and not TCU.
TCU also works with veterans and their dependents who receive funding from other VA Chapters, including, but not limited to, Chapter 31 and 35.
Please visit our Veterans Affairs Information site for the steps necessary to apply for funding at TCU. The Veteran Affairs Officer at TCU will communicate to the Office of Scholarships and Student Financial Aid your eligibility to be considered for a Yellow Ribbon Scholarship.