Be A Smart Borrower
Know Before You Owe!
Have questions about student loans? Get more information from the Department of Education’s overview of direct subsidized and unsubsidized loans.
National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education’s (ED’s) central database for student aid.
NSLDS Student Access provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants, so recipients of Title IV Aid can access and inquire about their Title IV loans and/or grant data. The system can help you learn about your loan status, assist with repayment methods to keep your loan out of default and keep you aware of where your loan debt is currently.
Federal Loan Servicers
You start loan repayment six months after you stop attending at least half-time. Once you go into repayment, you will be contacted by a federal loan servicer to make payment arrangements.
Loan Repayment Information
- Student loan repayment calculator
- Consolidation of federal loans with the Department of Education or call 800-557-7392
- A private consolidation loan may be available, for students with multiple private loans: Wells Fargo Private Consolidation Loan (Note: students graduating may wish to wait until income is established to apply for private consolidation loans since they do require credit and debt-to-income ratio checks on the student)
- Tips for students having trouble repaying loans
- Direct Loan Cancellation for Teachers
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness