How To Apply/Important Dates
Need-Based Financial Aid:
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://www.fafsa.gov. TCU’s school code is 003636. This data is used to determine eligibility for Federal and State aid.
All TCU incoming freshmen and Transfer students are required to submit the CSS profile online at http://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile. TCU’s school code is 6820. The application costs $25 for one school and $16 for every additional school. Data from the CSS Profile is used solely for awarding institutionally funded aid.
REGISTER: It’s what a man’s got to do.
Apply for admission to the University by February 15. (No additional application is necessary.) Scholarship recipients will be notified in mid March. Please click here to view scholarship opportunities at TCU.
Fine Arts Awards
Auditions for these awards generally take place at the beginning of the spring semester. Please schedule auditions by early January.
To schedule an audition, contact the specific department. Addresses and phone numbers are listed under performance awards. Recipients will be notified in April.
Other Financial Aid
Please contact the TCU Office of Scholarships and Student Financial Aid for information on any other assistance programs.
Important Dates/ Timeline
- October 1 – FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) available for submission for upcoming academic year at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- October 1 – Incoming freshmen and transfers may begin filing a CSS profile to be considered for institutionally funded aid. Apply at http://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile.
- October 1 – Transfer admission application deadline to be considered for academic scholarships (spring admission)
- November 1 – Transfer student priority funding deadline (spring admission)
- December – Academic scholarship notifications begin and continue through March
- December – Schedule your audition or submit your portfolio. Auditions and portfolio review for fine arts awards generally take place at the beginning of the spring term. Contact the department directly for instructions.
- February 15 – Freshman admission application deadline to be considered for academic scholarship (see Admissions website for details)
- February 15 – Undergraduate students and incoming freshmen should complete the FAFSA by this date in order to insure notification of award before the May 1 national school commitment date. Priority funding deadline for incoming freshmen.
- May 1 – Returning Student Priority Funding Deadline: If FAFSA is received by TCU on or before May 1, student will be evaluated for all types of need-based aid (grants, work-study, and loans). FAFSA submitted after May 1 will be reviewed on a funds-available basis. Returning students do not need to apply for the CSS profile.
- July – Bill for fall term is sent via email from the Office of Student Financial Services
- August 1 – First payment for fall term is due. Transfer student priority funding deadline for financial aid. Transfer admission application deadline to be considered for academic scholarship (see Admissions website for details)